Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hola! I'm Not Dead!


June 2, 2013

Hola Familia!

Hope you didn´t freak out too much this morning when I didn´t write...or maybe you forgot that I exist. Anyway, the reason I didn't write this morning is because I am currently in Lima doing my Immigration stuff! I only have a few minutes to write so hopefully they’ll let me use a computer again this week because I have a ton to say about my investigators!

I got in Lima last night and it was such a culture shock after a month in the Jungle. Last night, for the first time in a month, I took a warm shower, slept with a blanket, brushed my teeth in the sink (we have to filter the water normally), rode in a car, sat in an air conditioned building, etc. It was great!

The best part of this trip is that when I walked into the Immigration offices I saw another white girl...HERMANA PRICE!!!!!!! We hugged and laughed and talked and talked and talked. We talked for hours without a single break like old friends that hadn't seen each other in years. We had to laugh when we realized that in reality we only knew each other for 2 weeks before, and have only had 6 weeks apart since then. It's okay, I'm convinced we hung out in the premortal life. But really we've had a ton of fun today and we'll be together here in Lima until Wednesday night because we have a conference here.

Tomorrow I will proselyte in Lima and it should be a fun, different experience.
I'll have to give more details when I have time, but just know that I'm doing great and this week, in a way I cannot describe, the people completely won my heart and I know I'm going to make this place my home for the next little while. 

LOVE YOU!!

Hermana Simonson

No comments:

Post a Comment